Using Chocolatey i was very quick in setting up a basic set of tools that i usually need when developing stuff:
- cinst notepadplusplus (sometimes needed)
- cinst GoogleChrome (nothing to say here)
- cinst Console2 (extende console)
- cinst sysinternals (best tool-set ever for windows)
- cinst fiddler4 (proxy for debugging)
- cinst Wget (commandline http calls)
- cinst curl (commandline http calls)
- cinst linqpad4 (test your linq)
- cinst baretail (tail -f for windows)
- cinst greenshot (Screenshot tool)
put this to a batch-file and you are super-fast in setting up another dev-machine
Keeping your tools at hand fresh
once you have done this, with the command cup all you can easily bring all packages up to date - sweet :) This can eben be automated so once a week you refresh all your tools by default.
Is there any development-tool missing at Chocolatey? If so, think of creating your own package. Its a fairly easy process (as long as you are not scared by commandlines...) which I will blog about soon.