Since it was advertised for "Expert programmers" i gave Microsoft a chance and spent 1 full day at the Windows 8 Dev Camp at Microsoft.
The first presentation was more ...lets say "marketing slides driven", but it nevertheless contained some good tips:
- Thomas Mutzl prepared some non-trivial examples of Windows Store apps: one for a Video App and one for a Maps App. A third one is on the way which deals with RSS feeds.
- all presentations from the Dev Camp (and much more) can be downloaded at Windows 8 Camp in a box.
- If you know already your next cool Windows 8 App but didnt find the time to code it yet, at least you should reserve your app-name!
The second part was much more code-focused and contained some interesting details
- there are only some limited possibilities to do background work in Windows Store apps
- implement the DataTransferManager for the data sharing contract
- if you want your app to be featured in the store always provide all required promotional images!
- if you wonder what you can display in a tile - there are fixed tile templates
- and here is how to update the Tiles using the TileTemplateManager